Having a glass shower in your Pittsburgh bathroom has many benefits; however, it can be extremely frustrating to try and keep it clean and water droplet and streak free. The soap scum, water stains, and pesky other marks can all take away from the tidy appearance of a glass shower. Below we review some tips for how to clean your glass shower, so you can keep yours looking its best.
Tips for How to Clean Your Glass Shower
Glass shower enclosures come with many benefits and can really change the aesthetics of your space. From eliminating drafts, to creating a brighter and lighter bathroom, glass showers can help you keep the space cleaner, and save you money in the long run. If you have a glass shower in your home, you likely know that cleaning the shower glass isn’t as easy as grabbing a soapy sponge or glass cleaner and a cloth, and can be rather frustrating.
Below we review some tips for how to clean your glass shower.
- – Cleaning your shower glass is much easier when you do it frequently and regularly. To keep your glass shower looking at its best, the key is prevention and maintenance. Over time heavy layers of grime can buildup on the glass, but if you clean the glass each time you or other family members shower, this will make the cleaning much easier and prevent mold and mildew and other thick layers of filth from developing.
- – Squeegee after every use. You don’t have to break out the glass cleaner after each shower; however, you should have everyone who uses the shower, squeegee it each time. The most important thing to do is to avoid letting water droplets dry on the glass, and a squeegee is one of the best ways to do this.
- – Use glass cleaner. This may seem obvious, but simply wiping water away will not leave your glass shower looking its cleanest. You can use homemade glass cleaner or store bought, whatever you prefer. Thoroughly saturate the glass and wipe away any dirt or spotting.
- – Don’t forget the edges and tracks. If your glass shower enclosure is framed or on a track, be sure to clean the areas that can collect water. Many people only worry about the glass, but mold and mildew can develop anywhere where water can sit. Get all the nooks and crannies at least once a month.
- – Consider adding water-repellent to your glass. Just like you may add water repellent to your vehicle’s windshield, you can do the same to your shower glass. This will help to make water repel when it hits the glass, leaving it less likely to leave droplet marks and streaks behind.
Glass shower enclosures can modernize your bathroom and make a huge difference on the space. Having a clean shower glass should not be something you need to worry about, as long as you keep up with it and prevent buildup and hard to clean grime. The key to keeping your shower enclosure crystal clear, is regularly maintaining and wiping it.
Planning a bathroom remodel or to update your shower enclosure? Residential Glass can help. Our team installs a wide variety of new shower glass enclosures and doors. From classic framed shower glass, to a modern frameless look, our glass experts can help you find the right glass panels for your new bathroom.