It’s February and love is in the air. One area of your Pittsburgh home that you may love, or want to gain some more adoration for, may be your bathroom. Your shower can really make or break the space. Do you love your shower? If not, what can you do to ensure you have warm and fuzzy feelings about it again? One simple way to change your space and make it your favorite room is to update your shower enclosure. We are going to review how shower glass can make a difference and help you be hit by cupid’s arrow when it comes to your home’s bathroom.
How Shower Glass Can Make a Difference
Did you know that the average person spends over 2 years of their life in their bathroom? Most people spend around 200 days just in their shower! That’s crazy to think about, but it really puts into perspective just how important the space is and why you should love it as much as, or more, than other areas of your home.
If you don’t have shower glass in your home’s bathroom, adding this element can really make a difference. Below we review how.
– Appearance: Let’s start with one of the main things people care about, appearance. To put it simply, glass shower doors just look better than shower curtains.
– Eliminate Drafts: Shower glass can help to reduce cool, breezy drafts that are common with shower curtains. This can help you stay warm and cozy inside of your shower.
– Less of a Mess: With a shower curtain, water is often able to make its way to your floor and outside of the shower. Shower glass can make a difference by helping to keep the water where it belongs which will keep your bathroom cleaner and can prevent future water damage issues.
– Stay Cleaner: Shower curtains can breed a lot of mold and mildew, which can be unhealthy, as well as lead to an unappealing look. With glass, you have a clear view of the space, water can get to everything, and when the water is off, all surfaces are exposed, making it possible for it all to dry. Glass can also be cleaned easily with warm soapy water.
– Improve Safety: Have you ever stepped out of your shower and noticed a puddle on the floor? Water easily escapes shower curtains, creating a slip and fall hazard for you and your family. Shower doors create a tight seal that keeps water in the shower, and prevents a safety issue.
– Brighter and Lighter: A glass shower door allows more light in the shower and the entire space. This gives you more visibility and is aesthetically pleasing. Not to mention, shower glass creates the illusion of a larger more open bathroom space.
– Enhance Your Design: Shower glass allows you to show off your shower design. You likely spent time picking out the perfect tile and fixtures, and glass will allow you to display it and enjoy it.
– No Recurring Costs: While with the initial cost of a shower curtain versus a glass door, the shower curtain is cheaper; it can add up to be a lot over time because you need to replace the shower liner on a regular basis. This doesn’t happen with glass enclosures.
– Increased Home Value: Having shower glass can increase the value of your home as it is seen as more desirable.
Shower glass can make a difference in your bathroom and your home. Being as you and your family spend a lot of time in your bathroom, this is a room you will want to love. Shower glass can help.
At R and C Glass we are your Pittsburgh bathroom glass experts. Our team installs a wide variety of new shower glass enclosures and doors. From classic framed shower glass to a modern, frameless look, our glass experts can help you find the right glass for your bathroom.
We’d love to learn how we can help make your vision for your new shower a reality!