Did you know that the average person spends around 200 days of their life in the shower? We know, that’s crazy to think about; however, people spend about 2 years of their lives in their bathroom, and a lot of that time is in the shower. The bathroom is undoubtedly one of the most used spaces in any home, and because of the time spent in this very vital room, it’s important to make it a place that you love and enjoy. We recently reviewed current bathroom trends, now we are going to take it a step further and look at what’s trending in glass shower doors.
How Shower Glass can Make a Difference
When it comes to designing your ideal bathroom, choosing the right shower enclosure may be one of the hardest decisions you have to make, so before we shower you with what’s trending in glass shower doors, we wanted to review why and how shower glass can benefit your Pittsburgh home and bathroom.
– Eliminate Drafts
– Create Less of a Mess
– Stay Cleaner
– Make the Space Brighter and Lighter
– Enhance Your Bathroom Design
– No Recurring Costs
– Increase Home Value
– Add Durability
Not only does shower glass make your bathroom look better, it can add value to your home, help you keep the space cleaner, and save you money in the long run.
What’s Trending in Glass Shower Doors?
We have all walked into a bathroom, or saw photos, and thought, “Wow! I would really love that bathtub or shower”. A lot of the “wow” factor is due to the shower glass allowing the space to be displayed. You too can have the bathroom to make others envious, so let’s get right to it and review what’s trending in glass shower doors.
– Frameless Doors: Traditionally, shower doors have been encased in a clunky vinyl or aluminum frame, currently, that type of door, for the most part, is out. A “frameless” shower enclosure uses sturdy tempered glass (usually 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch thick) that does not require the support of metal around its exterior edges. The result is a sleek, modern look that is free of visual obstructions. In fact, one reason frameless options are so popular, is that they help showcase beautiful stonework, intricate tile designs, and gleaming hardware. Frameless shower doors are easy to clean, as they do not include seals that develop buildup from water over time (the spruce).
– Sliding Doors: It’s no surprise that sliding doors are trending in glass shower doors. Their sleek appearance and convenient functionality, make them great to add to just about any bathroom. Sliding glass doors are great for smaller spaces where you don’t have room to swing open a door, and they are good in large spaces for visual appeal. Check out the sliding glass door we recently installed (the photo for this article), for some inspiration on the style you want to go with. There are lots of options.
– Combined Bath and Shower Enclosures: We have to say, we love the look of this trend. More and more people are starting to create a space, in their bathroom, that is enclosed in glass and includes the shower and bathtub. There are so many options when it comes to these two items, and people are getting away from the traditional bathtub and shower combo and adding stand alone and stand out designs that are together, and both behind the same glass enclosure (again, like our recent work, seen in the picture in this article). If your bathtub and shower aren’t near each other, so this isn’t an option, enclosing bathtubs with a glass enclosure, similar to a shower, is something that is currently trending.
– Patterned Glass: As mentioned, there are many choices when it comes to selecting shower glass for your home. From framed to frameless, tinted to clear, to solid or patterned, you have your hands full with making your selection. Patterned shower glass is a trending option to consider. This trending type of shower glass comes with many added benefits. It allows for less cleaning, adds privacy, and can enhance your bathroom’s décor. Patterned glass allows you to create a space that is totally customizable to your home and style, as you can select a pattern that is as unique as you would like.
Above we have reviewed some of the most popular things that are trending in shower glass doors; however, there are other options you can choose from as well. Semi-frameless, pivoting, bi-fold, and partial tub enclosures are also high in popularity. When it comes to your bathroom and the shower glass you select, the choice is ultimately up to you.
At R and C Glass we are your Pittsburgh bathroom glass experts. Our team installs a wide variety of new shower glass enclosures and doors. From classic framed shower glass to a modern, frameless look, our glass experts can help you find the right glass for your bathroom.